Manchester City still hope to sign Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane in the coming days.
The Premier League champions appear likely to add his international team-mate first, with Jack Grealish reportedly close to a move to the Etihad Stadium.
Aston Villa have tabled a contract to keep their star man, but City are prepared to spend big to win his signature.
TOP STORY – CITY CLOSE ON GREALISH DEAL
Manchester City are set to complete a £100million move for Jack Grealish in the next few days, according to multiple reports
The Mail says the 25-year-old England international will earn more than £200,000 a week upon joining Pep Guardiola’s side.
Though City are expected to cut ties with some veteran players, adding Grealish will have no impact on their longstanding pursuit of Harry Kane, the Sun reports.
Jack Grealish lands back in UK and awaits green light to head to Manchester rather than report for pre-season on Monday | @SunMartinB https://t.co/8ppjOB07Bz
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) July 31, 2021
– Saul Niguez is weighing up a move to the Premier League, with the Mirror reporting Manchester United and Liverpool are possibilities for the Atletico Madrid midfielder in a £35-£40m deal.
– Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are possibilities for Bernardo Silva if he leaves City in the coming weeks, reports the Mail.
– Atalanta centre-back Cristian Romero wants to join Tottenham but the clubs are having difficulty reaching an agreement, reports Fabrizio Romano.
– Brazilian striker Kaio Jorge is set for a €3m (£2.5m) permanent move to Juventus from Santos and is expected to sign through to 2026, reports Romano.
– Arsenal and Everton have shown interest in Schalke’s Matthew Hoppe after the USA international’s strong Gold Cup performance, reports US journalist Grant Wahl.
– Talks between Wolves and Adama Traore have broken down and Leeds could swoop for the winger, reports Goal.
– Brighton are interested in Benfica striker and Urugay international Darwin Nunez, reports the Mail.