The transfer window is not even closed but attention is already turning to next season.
Kylian Mbappe is into the final year of his Paris Saint-Germain contract, while Erling Haaland’s Borussia Dortmund deal has clubs queuing up.
Manchester United are reportedly set to pursue both.
TOP STORY – MBAPPE, HAALAND FUTURE RED DEVILS?
Manchester United have made Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe a target for next season, according to ESPN.
Mbappe has long been tipped to join Real Madrid and Saturday’s Marca and Diario AS claim the LaLiga giants are still trying to sign the PSG star before the end of the transfer window.
Liverpool have also previously been linked with Mbappe, but United are keeping tabs on his situation, with the Frenchman out of contract at the end of 2021-22.
French journalist Julien Laurens, meanwhile, also suggests next year could be the perfect time for United to prise Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund.
Haaland has no shortage of suitors, linked with Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City and Bayern Munich as his release clause comes into force at season’s end.
Man United have added Kylian Mbappe to their list of striker targets for next summer, sources have told ESPN
— ESPN UK (@ESPNUK) August 20, 2021
– The Daily Mail says City are willing to sell defender Aymeric Laporte for £60million (€69m). The Spain international is reportedly wanted by Juventus and Madrid.
– Chelsea remain interested in Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde, per The Telegraph. The Blues have also been linked with Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez, who has also caught the attention of United and Liverpool.
– Diario AS says wantaway Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele is eyeing a switch to Madrid, Barca or Bayern.
– Real Sociedad are tracking PSG star Pablo Sarabia, according to Le Parisien. Sevilla could also reportedly rival Sociedad for the Spain international.
– Sky Sport Italia reports Juve are set to meet with Paulo Dybala‘s agent to discuss a new contract.