Chelsea have been in the market for a new striker and are closing in on their man.
The European champions had been linked with Borussia Dortmund’s prolific Norway international Erling Haaland.
But have turned their attention to Inter striker Romelu Lukaku, with two bids reportedly rejected last week.
TOP STORY – LUKAKU TO COMPLETE CHELSEA MOVE
Lukaku will finalise his £97.5m (€115m) move from Inter to Chelsea after linking up with the Blues, reports Sky Sports.
The report claims the Belgium international flew into London on Wednesday evening, after a stop in Monte Carlo.
Lukaku had already undergone the first part of his medical and agreed in principle to the deal, with the paperwork being sorted with lawyers before he inks the five-year deal worth £200,000 (€236,000) per week.
Romelu Lukaku has arrived in London to complete his £97.5m (€115m) transfer to Chelsea from Inter Milan.
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 11, 2021
– As the dominoes fall, Edin Dzeko is set to join Inter from Roma with a contract agreed until June 2023 according to Fabrizio Romano.
– Sky Sports reports that Real Madrid are monitoring Chelsea’s Germany defender Antonio Rudiger . Madrid lost centre-backs Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane this off-season.
– Roma head coach Jose Mourinho will speak with Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham on Thursday to try to convince him to join the Eternal City club. According to The Mirror. Chelsea and Roma have agreed terms on a £34m (€40m) deal.
– Sky in Italy claims Inter have tabled a €12m bid for PSV Eindhoven right-back Denzel Dumfries, although the Dutch club reportedly want €14m for the Netherlands international.
– Inter are also interested in Napoli skipper Lorenzo Insigne, according to Sky in Italy. The Serie A champions are trying to see if they can sign the Italy international, whose contract expires next year, for €25m.
– Arsenal are in advanced talks with Sheffield United to sign goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, according to Football London.
– Sunsport reports Manchester United are finally expected to unveil Varane as a new signing from Real Madrid on Thursday.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) August 11, 2021