With the asking price for Memphis Depay reportedly set, Barcelona also apparently want Thiago Alcantara back.
Ronald Koeman is preparing a rebuild at Camp Nou after a tumultuous 2019-20 season in which Barca finished trophy-less.
The former Netherlands coach wants Depay, while an ex-Barcelona midfielder may also make a return.
TOP STORY – LYON WANT €30M FOR DEPAY
Lyon want €30million from Barcelona for Depay, according to Mundo Deportivo.
After the Netherlands’ Nations League loss to Italy, Depay said he was aware of interest in him, but remained unsure about his future.
Meanwhile, the cover of Mundo Deportivo also says Barcelona want to negotiate with Manchester City for defender Eric Garcia.
La portada del 8 de septiembre
‘Test Messi’https://t.co/1GTgqPmFLk pic.twitter.com/wCFUZnW6yP
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) September 7, 2020
– Widely expected to leave Bayern Munich, Thiago has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool. However, Sport Bild reports Barca are interested in bringing the midfielder back to Camp Nou, seven years after he left for Bayern.
– Chelsea’s spending spree seems set to continue. Goal and The Athletic report the Premier League club are pushing to seal a deal for Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy. Chelsea have been linked with numerous goalkeepers amid pressure on Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Chelsea are closing in on another signing @NizaarKinsella has the details
— Goal News (@GoalNews) September 7, 2020
– Manchester United’s interest in Alex Telles has reportedly intensified. A Bola says the Porto left-back’s representatives are in Manchester for talks over a possible €30m (£26.9m) move, while Sevilla are also reportedly interested.
– Aleksandar Kolarov is seemingly close to an Inter switch. Sky Sport Italia reports the Serbian has landed in Milan for a medical ahead of joining from Roma.
– With Kai Havertz having left for Chelsea, Bayer Leverkusen are likely to be looking for a replacement. Le 10 Sport claims the Bundesliga club are interested in Paris Saint-Germain attacker Julian Draxler.
– Aston Villa are looking to strengthen. The Sun says they want Liverpool forward Rhian Brewster in a £20m move, while The Athletic understands they have made a second bid for Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.