Everyone wants Lionel Messi but few have the resources to sign him.
Paris Saint-Germain appear to be strong favourites to land the Argentina international.
A deal could happen in the coming days.
TOP STORY – PSG CLOSE IN ON MESSI
PSG believe they are close to a deal to land Lionel Messi.
ESPN reports PSG have been in contact with Messi’s father and agent Jorge “for some time” and are set to offer a three-year contract.
Sky Sport Italia says the deal is more likely to be for two years with an option to extend it to a third.
The ESPN report said adding Messi would make it more likely Kylian Mbappe would stay with the club rather than leave when he is out of contract next year, though it would end PSG’s pursuit of Paul Pogba, partly due to FFP concerns.
PSG are prepared to offer Lionel Messi a three-year contract to move to the French capital, sources have told @LaurensJulien, and feel a deal is close after positive initial talks with Messi’s representatives. pic.twitter.com/UubMG3CMNZ
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 6, 2021
– Chelsea are set to pay about £95million for Romelu Lukaku as Inter prefer a cash-only deal, the Daily Mail reports. Calciomercato says the Blues offered Davide Zappacosta and Marcos Alonso in a swap deal but the Nerazzurri were not interested.
– Inter are looking within Serie A to replace their outgoing striker, Sky Italia says, with Atalanta’s Duvan Zapata and Roma’s Edin Dzeko their preferred options.
– Barcelona are trying to come to an agreement with Lille on midfielder Renato Sanches, Le10 Sport reports.
– Rafa Mir is set for a move from Wolves to Atletico Madrid, with Fabrizio Romano reporting personal terms have been agreed.
– West Ham have offered €14m (£12m) to Marseille for Duje Caleta-Car, L’Equipe reports, saying the Ligue 1 side are holding out for €20m (£17m).